Friday, May 7, 2010

Family

I'm not really sure what I want to write. A friends little boy passed away yesterday. He was 1 years old and the cutest little boy you have ever seen. My heart aches for their loss but also rejoices because they are an eternal family. They will have the opportunity to raise their little boy in the next life.

I have done a lot of reflecting upon my life today and wondered what I would do, or how would I feel if something happened to Tyler, Katie or Brad. How would I handle the situation? I think back to when Tyler was born and how critical the situation was. I was very sick and when Tyler was born he needed chest compressions and to be bagged. He needed to be revived. There were a few times while he was in the NICU that he coded. I remember praying during those first few weeks if Tyler wasn't going to survive, please take him now before I get attached to him. Thankfully we have a healthy little boy whom I LOVE SO MUCH!

When Katie was born it was still a scary time. She wasn't in as bad of shape as Tyler was but still a critical time. I offered the same prayer, if she wasn't going to survive, please take her now before I get attached to her. We have a healthy little girl whom I LOVE SO MUCH!

I have a wonderful husband and I can't image my life without him. I LOVE HIM TOO! Luckily for us we too have an eternal family. We have made covenants with Heavenly Father in the House of the Lord. If we honor our covenants, we are promised we will be together forever.

Life is PRECIOUS!!!
We can't take our loved ones for granted!
This life truly is the time to prepare to meet God.

Remember those who matter most in your life and let them know how you feel. Don't be afraid to let them know you love them, you appreciate them. You might not get a second chance.



3 comments:

Kristyn said...

So sad. I, too, am glad your kids are alive and well now. My BIL and his wife had a daughter pass away almost two years ago. It was unbelievably tragic. Her blog chronicled her pain and was unbearable to read at times, but was really cathartic for so many who had also lost a child. You could pass it on if they want to read it: jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com
The posts close to her death (summer of 08) and the months soon after are the especially hard ones, but at the time, some of the most inspiring. I know they are also part of a grief group that supports each other for parents of kids who have passed away. I think the blog is called Angles Among Us. Maybe she could join and get support, if she wanted to.

Anway, I hope your friend is okay. I can't imagine how hard it must be. Tell her I'll be praing for her, kay?

Unknown said...

So sad when a child dies. So glad we have the gospel, how do people do it without the blessings of the temple. Love, Aunt Joan

McMemories said...

So sorry to hear that. So sad.
I don't know if you remember us, our twins were in the NICU the same time as your little one. You were in my parents stake too.Glad to see your cute kids and your family doing well!

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple