Monday, November 22, 2010

Family Home Evening

With this week being Thanksgiving, I wanted to make sure we talked about it so our lesson for Family Home Evening was on Thanksgiving. We talked about what it meant to be thankful. Not quite sure Tyler and Katie understand yet, but I know they will soon. I had them tell me something they were thankful for. I then read a story from the Friend called "A Second Thanksgiving". It really brought home the point of how we should be thankful. At the end of the story it said Elder Bednar encouraged us to have a "thankful prayer", where we only thank Heavenly Father for what we have been given and ask for nothing in return. I think this is something I am going to try and do. I think it will help me to remember to be more grateful.
I read this quote from another blog (beinglds) quoting President Hinckley,

“When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives."

I hope I can remember to be more thankful.
For our activ
ity, we made a turkey hat and on each feather we wrote something we were thankful for. Tyler wrote: zoo animals, grand parents, home etc
Katie wrote: grandparents, toys & books, home, Jesus etc

I am thankful for so many things but just to name a few:
My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
Brad, Tyler and Katie
Brad's job
Our home
Family


Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Alyse Clonts said...

They are adorable. Thanks for you great example!

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple