Thursday, November 24, 2011

Family, Friends and Giving Thanks

Last night a tragedy occurred. As we were coming back from Mesa, we saw this light on Superstition Mountains. We couldn't tell what it was, I thought maybe it was a hot air balloon and you could see the flame from it. Not really knowing what it was, we continued on our journey back to Safford. We saw 4 police cars racing down the freeway, lights and sirens driving like I had never see police cars go. I wondered what had happened and wished those safety.

When we got back to my parents house, the news came on saying there was a plane crash on the Superstition Mountains. My thoughts immediately turned to my dear friend Deanna who I knew what traveling from Idaho to Arizona. I thought maybe they had stopped in Mesa to refill their plane. Tears immediately started to roll down my cheeks. The thought of losing her was almost unbearable. The thought of her, her husband and 4 beautiful daughters passing at such a young age. I called her but their phone number had been changed. I tried to reach her on facebook and nothing. I had no way of getting a hold of her. I continued to check facebook and saw that her and her family were okay. They were safe in Safford. I felt relief for them knowing my good friends were okay.

As I continued to watch the news and see what was going on, it became known that the airplane belong to Ponderosa Aviation. That was my friend Mikel's company. Then my thoughts turned to his family. What if it was Mikel's family that was on board that plane. Again the tears rolled.

As information became available it was Mikel's brother who was on board. My heart aches for their family and for the families of those who were on the plane. There was a total of 6 people. 3 adults and 3 children. I don't know any of them but to have such tragedy come to these families is heartbreaking.

I guess the moral to my story is to love those around you. Don't argue or fight. It isn't worth it. It isn't worth being angry or upset over things that have been said or done to you. Life is to short to hold a grudge. You NEVER know when it is your turn to meet your maker. Love your family and friends more. Tell them you love them, show them you love them.

I am thankful for my friends and family. I am thankful for their love of me. I am especially thankful for my little family. I have the best husband in the world. I have 2 miracle babies that I love to death. I would not trade any of them for all the money in the world. I am thankful for the gospel in my life. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I am thankful for temples and to know we can be a family forever. This is what is important to me.

To all my friends and family, I LOVE YOU! I am thankful you are a part of my life. I am thankful for the things you have taught me.

No comments:

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple