Monday, December 6, 2010

Trip to Ohio

I know I am way behind on blogging so tonight I thought I would attempt to catch up. I know it isn't going to happen, but I thought I would try.

In October Brad had a business trip in Cleveland so I tagged along. Perfect vacation. All I had to pay for was the plane ticket, some food, and the car rental. My parents were gracious enough to watch Tyler and Katie for us so no worries there.

While Brad worked all day, I toured Ohio. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see much of it but what I did was beautiful, not to mention it was fall and in the East, it is amazing. I have never seen such colors before. I absolutely loved it.

I was able to visit Kirtland Ohio, where the pioneers settled for awhile before moving on to Nauvoo. I went to Nelson Township where my great great grandfather lived for a short time. I went to Columbus and did a session in the Columbus Temple and I visited Amish Country. Most of the time I just drove to look at whatever I could see. When Brad got off work, we toured downtown Cleveland. We visited a couple of museums which happened to be free, I was able to take him to Kirtland as well. It was a great trip. It was nice to relax and see a different part of the country.

Brace yourself for mass pictures.

Aren't the fall colors beautiful. The wonderful gifts we have been given from Heavenly Father.

Cleveland Skyline
Flower at the Kirtland Temple

A path outside Nelson Township

Nelson Township Road

Sun flare in Kirtland

creek by Amish country

Lighthouse


Town Square in Nelson Township


School of Prophets in Kirtland Ohio. This is where Joseph Smith Jr taught the brethren.


This is in Martin Harris' home where Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon received Section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants.


Newel K Whitney Store in Kirtland. This was the center of Kirtland when the pioneers lived there.

The Ashery in Kirtland. An amazing place. Would love to share everything I learned but there it too much information.


Squire Castle



Amish Country

Amish Buggy. I was so fascinated by their buggies. I felt like I was stalking them. Nicest people you will ever meet. I can't imagine living without electricity, vehicles, telephones, washers, dryers....all the things we take for granted everyday.

I have pictures of the Kirtland Temple and Columbus Temple. I will post those tomorrow on the photography blog. Check them out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful- Beautiful Pictures!!! It is so pretty I would love to go there someday!

Unknown said...

What interesting and gorgeous pictures. Glad you got to see all that beauty. Love, Aunt Joan

Unknown said...

Hey Trish I was wondering if I could print off that first picture that you took- {the panarama 1 or something is it's name} I love it and would love to have it framed in my home.

Kristyn said...

GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!

Andrea Palmieri said...

Hi, I am writing from Verona, Italy ... gorgeous photographs, inspiring colors and light!

If I may inquire, would you consider the idea of having one of the Kirtland photo on a book cover (Italian edition of the 'Lectures on Faith')?

Thanks, Andrea.

Bastian Family said...

Hi Andrea

I would be absolutely honored to share my picture with you. Which photo would you like? Do you want an actual picture of the Kirtland Temple or the one of the flower with the Temple in the background. You can contact me at tricia.bastian@gmail.com.

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple