Monday, June 18, 2012

Mom Challenge: Week 4 ~ Stay Positive

Last weeks challenge to have realistic expectations went fairly well.  We have a new chore chart and I expect the kids to do them every day.  Sometimes they need help or need to be shown how to do it.  I can't expect my 4 year old to make her bed as well as my 6 year old.  When I say clean up that is so overwhelming for them as opposed to look at your chore chart, it is explained by a picture such as pick up your clothes. 

This week for week 4:
STAY POSITIVE!
Sometimes this is hard for me.  I get frustrated.  But, I think it is more than that.  When a child fails at something or it isn't their best, it is better to encourage than to tear down.
My 4 year old is really struggling with peeing in her pants.  Not because she isn't potty trained because she is, it is more of a power struggle or because she just doesn't want to.  This is going to be a very interesting week to see if I can
STAY POSITIVE.


I need to continue to encourage her to go potty.


Here is a list of 101 ways to praise a child.  Enjoy it!  Use them often!  Continue to build up your child.



 

No comments:

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple