This week's challenge is to find something that your child does that makes you proud - and celebrate.
Here are some examples:
- Learning to tie their own shoes - get a fun colored pair of shoelaces
- Doing their homework - surprise them with their favorite dinner
- Putting away their toys - rent a movie from Red Box
- Waking up on time for school (perfect for those of you with kids who either don't like to get up or high school kids!) - make a cake and write awesome job for waking up!
- Spot your child reading - pick up a few new books
- Paint an awesome picture at preschool - frame it and put it up
Write a note, bake something, take them to a movie, rent a movie, post a picture, pick up a favorite candy bar, let them have a Sprite with dinner (this is a big deal at our house!!) do something!
(ideas from live a fabuless life)
Last week was a tough week. It was to be positive.
Chores not being done, kids fighting, not going to sleep at night until 10 pm, fighting...did I mention that. I will continue to work on being positive with the kids. When they did do good hi-fives were definitely given. Something for me to think about more. Kids can always use more praise and a positive atmosphere.