Saturday, February 28, 2009

Name Plate

This is the latest project I have worked on. I made a name plate for Tyler's room and he loves it. I used particle board cut into a 9 x 9. (got it from home depot, really cheap) I sanded the edges and painted them white. I bought the letters from Michael's and they were already painted white. I cut my scrapbook paper to a 9 x 9 to fit my board, glued it on with modge podge, put a layer on top and used a credit card to smooth out the bubbles. I let it dry, glued on the letters with wood glue and VOILA you have Tyler's name.
It was really easy too.
I have a happy boy! (This helps him recognize his name too)
I plan on doing Katie's name when she moves into her own room.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this! So cute! I need to do something like that for Dallin.

Carley Jo said...

That's so cute! Of course he loves it. What a great idea!

Marni said...

I love it! Look at you go with all of these crafty things! ;) Good job Trish! I think I might have to steal this cute idea for my boys too! That picture of Tyler makes me smile!

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple