Friday, May 18, 2012

Homemaking

I have been reading this book "A Joyful Mother of Children" by Linda J Eyre.  I think she knows her stuff.  She is the mother of 9 children.  Her and her husband are a great team together.
As I was reading this book, I came across a quote from CS Lewis. I love C.S. Lewis.  I have read several of his books and they always make me stop and think.  This is what she quoted:

I LOVE THIS QUOTE! 
I equate homemaking with motherhood.
I admit being a mother is not always something I wanted to do, but once I held those precious babies my heart swelled with love and joy and I knew that was my calling in life, but sometime I don't enjoy it, but I know how important it is.
I have been greatly struggling with my responsibility as a wife and mother and also as an individual.  I am trying to find balance and true joy. 
If there are any suggestions of what you do, please feel free to share them.  I am open to new ideas. 
I want to be a "Mother Who Knows".

No comments:

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple