Monday, July 2, 2012

The Mom Challenge: Week 6

Last weeks challenge was to find something that your child does that makes you proud and celebrate.
I admit it was a tough week at our home.  With the Waldo fire happening in our city, we weren't able to go outside because of the air quality so the kids were bouncing off the wall.  Needless to say, this mama was going crazy.  However, Tyler and Katie helped me clean the house, their bedroom, the toys downstairs and they mostly played well together.  So Saturday night, we went to the $1 theater and saw the Lorax.  I thought it was a great movie and it was nice to be together as a family.

Week 6 Challenge is to FOCUS ON OUR HOPES AND DREAMS FOR OUR CHILDREN and come up with a mission statement.

I am really excited for this because I frequently envision Tyler and Katie when they are grown up, maybe what their profession will be, if they are married and have kids.  Last night Brad and I were talking about it as they were doing their own things and we decided Tyler would be an artist because he loves to draw and has a great imagination.  Katie would be a graphic designer as she was drawing on the computer.  All I know is it is up to me to help them develop their talents, to find their own personalities and discover who they are and what they want to be.

No comments:

Mesa Arizona Temple

Mesa Arizona Temple